Saturday, March 22, 2008

梅花酥 - Winter Plum Blossom Flower Flaky Mooncakes

My colleague got me a Y3K Cookbook from Malaysia. It's all about making Mooncakes. I gave one of the recipes a try just now. The mooncakes were out from the oven not long ago, still hot.... will let it cool well before storage. Will get Hub to try it out tonite when he is back from his night shift later.


one recipe yields 16 big pieces


I simply adore the shape of this pastry that I decided to give it a try...



Look! It's so flaky!




9 comments:

karlsfoodie said...

so pretty!! glad to see ya bakes again =)

Cranberry said...

Thanks dear, trying to pick up slowly after such a long break :)

Take Care!

SIG said...

Wah so beautiful. I would love to bite into them. Hehe.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks yummy! Please post and share this recipe. P.L.E.A.S.E..........

Anonymous said...

woah~ i want some! they look so flaky! <3 I'm glad to see that you are baking regularly again! :D

Cranberry said...

D - all eaten up by now..hehe...next time ok, let me know in advance yah when u are around my area k :)

little corner of mine - give me sometimes and I shall type it out for you alright:)

amandalwh - yeh..i was plain lazy to bake for a while, taking a long break haha.. trying to bake regularly now..

Yan said...

yumzzzzzzzzzzzz... slurps...

Cranberry said...

little corner of mine,

I have posted the recipe for you.

Happy Baking!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thank you Cranberry, you are a dear! :* :D