Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Baked Donuts Craze - Part 1

Is DONUTS BAKING CRAZE right NOW!!! I die die also have to get the trays and joined in the fun! I have been baking non-stop since I got hold of the trays, at least 2 - 3 times a week for my kids and family members.

Thanks Peony for the recipe. Here are my donuts!





















Thanks Peony for giving the green light to post her recipe here directly for everyone easy reference :)

BAKED DONUTS


Ingredients :
1 cup all-purpose flour (I used Top Flour)
1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup castor sugar)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (I used pinch of salt)
1 egg (I used 1 big egg)
1 tub (150 gm ) plain yogurt
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tsp confectioners' sugar, divided

Method :

1. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the egg, yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Coat the tube pans with nonstick cooking spray and dust with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Divide batter among pans.
5. Bake at 200°C for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
7. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar.

10 comments:

Amrita said...

Hey cranberry!

Fantastic lookin' donuts! Did you cut down on the sugar like peony suggested?? :)

Cranberry said...

Thanks amrita!

Yes I did cut down the sugar, used 1/3 cup instead of 1/2 cup.

Amrita said...

Thanks! Hopefully one day, sometime soon, I will get the chance to steal some from you!! :D

Cranberry said...

hahaha u so funny amrita..don't forget to replace with your macs when u steal my donuts ok? kekeke...

SIG said...

Wow, they looks superb. Haven't visited in a while and all the lovely stuff you have baked. Really amazing.

petit four said...

Hi Cranberry,

Like your assorted glaze doughnuts, can you share how you made the pinky glaze ?

tks
Yvonne

Cranberry said...

Thanks singairishgal & yvonne.

Hi Yvonne,

Those are melted strawberry chocolate. I added some butter to get the glossy effect.

Put chopped strawberry chocolate and butter in a bowl (double boil) till melted. Cool slightly. Use as desired. So sorry, I didn't measure the qty of the ingredients, only based on agaration.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

May i know where to get the donut tray/

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I did the bake doughnut but it stick onto the tray. Why please advise.

Kawaii Devil said...

Hey
Thanks for recipe!! These doughnuts look so freaking yummy..I have been craving doughnuts a lot..I tried to make them but It didn't work =P
Just wanted to ask..what do you mean by yogurt? The yougurt I have is this
http://www.almarai.com/ProductImages/Product/Fresh-Yoghurt-3flavs-AR.gif

Please let me know so that I can make these yummy doughnuts =D
Thank you~