Friday, August 03, 2007

Easy Muffins...

After resting for more than a week, I am back into the kitchen again, with my power fully charged!

This is a very easy-to-do muffin, original recipe adapted from all. recipes. I have slightly modified the recipe to suit my liking. Why I said is EASY? Ok, what you need to do is to mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, lightly mix into a lumpy batter, pour into prepared paper cups and bake, no mixer requires. Easy right?

This recipe comes into handy when you need to make a quick snack for an afternoon tea or anytime... I make them for my kids be it their breakfast, tea-break or supper *lol* My advise is to make just enough for the day..try not to keep overnight as I feel that this muffin is best eaten on the day you make, cool slightly and yummy when the muffin is a little warm. Most of the time, my kids just couldn't wait, so once bake, pop they go into their mouth..haha..

One recipe can yield abt 15 medium size muffin cup.

Here is my modifed version:-

You will need:

220g Plain Flour
1 tsp baking soda
100g castor sugar
1 egg
100g corn oil
250ml plain yogurt
125ml milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

How to do:

1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.

2. Sieve flour and baking soda together in a mixing bowl. Add in sugar and mix well. Make a well in the centre. Set aside.

3. In another bowl, beat egg lightly with a fork, stir in vanilla essence, yogurt, milk and oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture.

4. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
* Bear in mind, do not keep mixing, stiring or beating the batter, just a quick mix will do. The lesser you mix, the better it is.

5. Pour the batter (less than 1/2 filled) into prepared muffin cups. Add toppings, pour batter again (3/4 full), add extra toppings.

6. Bake for about 20-25mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.


Variation of toppings:-
Oreo Cookies
Chocolate Chips
Blueberry
Strawberry
Mango
Raisins
Oats and many others, just to name a few.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for a lovely blog. I visit it daily to read & learn.

I tried your muffin recipe twice but I find that my muffins turn out flat and wet on the top. The inside is moist & nice but how can i make it rise slightly with a dome in the centre? Also, does it look "wet" when finished baking while still in the oven? Mine stays wet till the next day.